Monday, November 23, 2009

This One's for the Ladies

OK, enough with the soul searching posts! It's time to be a bit silly and a bit random. And speaking of random...

I'm not terribly shy. Ask me just about anything, and I'll give you a straight answer. Alcohol is (usually) not required. So, when a friend of mine recently asked me about why I get a Brazilian wax every month I told her this: "Because it doesn't hurt the way you think it does and it's easier than the alternatives."

Seriously. OK, I know that those of you who have never done it think I'm crazy. But hear me out. A LOT of it has to do with the type of wax that's used. My fabulous aesthetician Laura uses hard wax, which hurts WAY less than the other type (that's normally used for bikini waxes). I have no idea why it hurts less, but it does. Hey, I get this done every month without fail. I know. Before I found Laura I was getting regular bikini waxes done in salons, and they hurt.

I was scared to death the first time I got a Brazilian done. I mean, that's a sensitive area! But it was not a big deal at all. Laura is super quick (I'm always out in 10 minutes or less) and the woman knows what she's doing! Plus, she talks the whole damn time, which is good for a distraction.

I won't say it doesn't hurt at all, but it's not the kind of searing pain you're thinking it is. And it doesn't last. It's kinda like, riiiipp - done. And if you get it done on a regular basis, it's nothing. That's part of the reason I go every month. Well, that and I can't stand "overgrowth." And it takes care of front AND back - so everything is easier to keep clean.

The upside to waxing over shaving is that it leaves the area soft. And sensitive. Which is REALLY a plus when it comes to "nighttime activities" (or nooners, if you're into that). It makes cleanup easier and enhances sensation. I'm not kidding! The ex was so into them that he offered to pay for them to make sure I kept getting them. And they're heaven sent in the summer when you have to worry about bathing suits.

Think about just trying it. It's winter, so you won't have to worry about showing it off until you're sure you're happy. I will tell you that with hard wax, you might find some "remnants" when you get home. But a little baby oil in the shower takes it right off.

If you're in the LA area, give Laura a call - I can't recommend her enough! If you're outside the area, check and make sure that the person you're thinking of going to uses hard wax. I can't stress that enough!

See, I told you this was a random post! But like I said, I'll talk about almost anything. So, if there's something you want me to jabber on about, let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Crystal, this is beautiful!

Laura Addario