Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mom Anniversary

Today is the anniversary of my mother's death. Three years ago, I had easily the worst day of my life. Luckily, I had people around me who loved me to help me cope. That night was the absolute worst in my life. And the people who chose to be there for me made me realize that I am not alone.

Love is someone who will rally the troops for you. Love is someone who will BE there when tragedy strikes, and not have to be asked. Love is someone who will care for you and not expect anything in return when you're not in a position to give it.

I have love in my life. It may not be the romantic, fairytale kind. Yet. But I'm honoring myself and my mother's memory enough to not settle for anything less than she'd want for me. Than I deserve. I am my mother's daughter, and I am proud of that.

No comments: